2023 Call for Proposals on ANSO International Collaborative Research
The Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) was established in November 2018 with the coordination of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the support of 36 other national academies, research institutions, universities, and international organizations from around the world. ANSO catalyzes and supports Collaborative Research projects in Science, Technology, Innovation, and Capacity Building (STIC) to address major global sustainable challenges and help advance the UN SDGs under the principles of joint consultation, joint efforts, and joint sharing.
Here is the guideline for the ANSO call for Collaborative Research in 2023. By which, we intend to seek good ideas, suggestions and proposals from our member organizations and partners on the formulation and launch of sound, feasible and high-impact cooperative projects. The ANSO Collaborative Research, at the current stage, gives high emphasis on the S&T cooperation and partnerships between and among ANSO members and partners in the areas of high importance to the green and sustainable development of the world.
2. Priorities Areas
We highly encourage Collaborative Research ideas and proposals focusing on the following topics:
1) Environmental Changes: key regional and global environmental challenges such as Climate Change & Adaptation, Water/Land Resources, Urbanization, Land Degradation, Biodiversity Decline, Endangered Species, Ecosystem Services, and Ecological Security, etc.
2) Public Health: research and technology related to infectious diseases, impacts of the pandemic on the achievement of the UN SDGs, especially on Poverty, Hunger, Water and Sanitation, etc.
3) Agriculture and Food Security: issues of great significance for sustainable agriculture such as Extreme Weather, Prediction and Prevention of Flood, Drought, Landslide and Debris Flow and other Natural Hazards, Monitoring and Assessing Food Productivity, Hybrid Technologies in Agriculture, etc.
4) Green Technology: innovative technologies and tech-transfer in the areas of high relevance to livelihood, such as Clean Water & Water Saving, Clean Energy, Circular Economy, Environmental Protection, Decarbonization and Net-zero Carbon Emission, etc.
3. Principles and Advice
1) Only researchers from ANSO member organizations (see Attachment 2 for reference) are eligible to apply for the Collaborative Research project as a Principal Investigator (PI).
2) The team members (including the PI) should be from at least two ANSO member organizations of different countries.
3) The number of countries involved in the project should be no less than three countries.
4) If you are currently working on an ANSO project as a PI, you cannot re-apply as a PI; if you are working on 3 or more ANSO projects as a collaborator, you cannot work on any other ANSO projects.
5) Please fill up the application form (Attachment 1) for follow-up communication and discussion.
6) The deadline for submission is April 30th, 2023.
1) 3 Years, Max. 50,000 USD per year from ANSO.
2) In-kind funding and contribution from other resources are highly appreciated.
Please send the completed forms to the ANSO Secretariat at email@example.com
If you have any inquiries, please contact us by the above email for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Download the attachments: